Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why I LOVE Benadryl


I had to use the extra large photos so you could get the full effect. I guess this is what they mean when they say redheads have fair skin...TIP: Do not let redheaded child roll around in the grass.
Oh how I love Benadryl. This lovely state did not last long.

Also, I have something to share with other mothers. My pastor's wife passed along a list of things to pray for your children (hers are nearly grown now). I think it is a good list of several things I had not thought of before. Just wanted to pass it along to other praying mothers...I can email it to you if you would like.

HOW TO PRAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN:

1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. Ps. 63:1, 2 Tim. 3:15

2. That they will have a hatred for sin. Ps. 97:10

3. That they will be caught when guilty. Ps. 119:71

4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional, physical. John 17:15

5. That they will have a responsible attitude ("extraordinary spirit"NASB, "exceptional qualities"NIV) in all their interpersonal relationships.
Dan. 6:3

6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1

7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Prov. 1:10, 11

8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. 2 Cor. 6:14-17

9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. 1 Cor. 6:18-20

10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. James 4:7

11. That they will be singlehearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ. Romans 12:1-2, 2 Cor. 11:3

12. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6


This is easy to divide up monthly or you can pray for 2 things each day of the week except Sunday, or however you choose to do it. I thought it was very insightful and worth sharing.

Happy Praying!


2 comments:

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

MG--oh, how that hurts me to look at--there is no reason for a pretty little face to be all red like that! So glad that benedryl took care of it! Thanks for the things to pray for--such a good reminder! Hope you are doing well and are feeling good!

chrys said...

OH MY GOODNESS!
I can't believe that happened!
that is the most pitiful thing I have ever seen!
I had to giggle though at your post (after I realized she was ok) at just the random things that can happen to our children!
I am glad she is ok!
and I love the list of prayers!
yes please email me a copy! :-)
love you!
-Chrystal